What Is Pradaxa?
Pradaxa is a medicine to keep your blood from coagulating (clotting) in order to prevent dangerous blood clots. Pradaxa also increases the chances of bleeding to occur, even from minor injury. Avoid activities that may increase your risk of bleeding or injury while taking Pradaxa.
Pradaxa Side Effects
Pradaxa users have experienced the following common side effects:
- Any bleeding that will not stop;
- Weakness, feeling like you might pass out;
- Easy bruising, unusual bleeding (nose, mouth, vagina, or rectum), purple or red pinpoint spots under your skin;
- Blood in your urine or stools, black or tarry stools;
- Coughing up blood or vomit that looks like coffee grounds;
- Pink or brown urine;
- Joint pain or swelling; or
- Heavy menstrual bleeding.
Other less serious side effects of Pradaxa may incude:
- nausea, diarrhea;
- stomach pain or upset, indigestion, heartburn; or
- mild skin rash or itching.
Other Drugs That May Interfere With Pradaxa:
- abciximab (ReoPro), anagrelide (Agrylin), cilostazol (Pletal), clopidogrel (Plavix), dipyridamole (Persantine, Aggrenox), eptifibatide (Integrelin), prasugrel (Effient), ticlopidine (Ticlid), tirofiban (Aggrastat);
- heparin or warfarin (Coumadin, Jantoven);
- argatroban (Acova), bivalirudin (Angiomax), lepirudin (Refludan);
- dalteparin (Fragmin), enoxaparin (Lovenox), fondaparinux (Arixtra), tinzaparin (Innohep); or
- alteplase (Activase), tenecteplase (TNKase), urokinase (Abbokinase).
Tell your doctor about all other medications you use, especially:
- quinidine (Guin-G);
- rifampin (Rifater, Rifadin, Rifamate);
- St. John’s wort;
- antifungal medicine such as itraconazole (Sporanox) or ketoconazole (Nizoral);
- aspirin or other NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil), celecoxib (Celebrex), diclofenac (Cataflam, Voltaren), indomethacin (Indocin), ketoprofen (Actron, Orudis), meloxicam (Mobic), nabumetone (Relafen), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn), piroxicam (Feldene), and others; or
- heart or blood pressure medication such as amiodarone (Cordarone, Pacerone), dronedarone (Multaq), or verapamil (Calan, Covera, Isoptin, Verelan).Contact Our Pradaxa Attorneys
Contact our Pradaxa Attorneys
As a consumer and a patient, you have the right to trust your medication is safe. Tragically, this is not always the case. When a pharmaceutical company acts negligently, its actions can result in serious side effects. Victims however, may recoup damages through a successful product liability claim against the drug’s maker.
Well versed in the product liability laws that protect consumers, our Pradaxa attorneys have handled countless lawsuits involving harmful pharmaceuticals. If you have experienced Pradaxa side effects, contact us today and discuss your potential Pradaxa lawsuit with an experienced RxRecall.com product liability lawyer.
Updated Pradaxa Information: